This compact horse has a kind nature and a handsome head. It is ideal for working the land and forest as well as a riding horse.
15 to 16 HH
Chestnut and occasionally grey.
- Large head with kind expression and good sized nostrils and ears.
- A short crested neck which is very muscular.
- Withers are prominent and lead onto a short and strong back.
- The girth is deep and the chest wide.
- The hindquarters are large, powerful and well rounded.
- The limbs are short, strong with good strong hooves.
- The tail is well set on and both the mane and tail are thick and full.
This horse takes its name from the Schleswig - Holstein region of North Germany and lies on the peninsula of Jutland between the Baltic and North sea.
- Working the land
- Working the forest
- Riding horse.